Real Estate Planning with Anna Manning
Process for lisitng
A listing agreement, or authority to sell, gives your agent the ability to act for you when selling your property.
It is usually the first document you will be asked to sign.
Make sure you take the time to read and understand it before you sign.
Make sure details, such as the address of the property being sold and your name(s) and contact details are correct and spelt correctly.
The agreement will set out the:
• Names of the official owners.
• Legal address of the property to be sold.
• Price (if applicable).
• Method of sale (eg auction, tender).
• Sale terms.
• Marketing budget.
• Period of authority.
Owners are obliged to disclose certain information about their property. These are matters that may affect the Buyer.
• Restrictions affecting the property.
• Planning and road access.
• Outgoings and statutory charges payable (eg rates).
• A list of services connected to the property (eg sewage, gas, etc).
• Building approvals granted during the owner’s ownership.
• Guarantee of any owner-builder activity.
• Any notices from a public authority or government department affecting the property.
Anna Manning is a Real Estate Agent at Leaders Real Estate Lower Hutt.
p 027 569 2749 e email@example.com