Real Estate Planning with Anna Manning
Once your offer has been accepted and all the conditions have been met, Anna will forward the contract to your legal agent. They will administer the settlement which includes exchange of titles and transferring of funds. Your legal and financial representatives will keep you informed and look after the settlement day details for you.
It is a normal condition of sale that you have one pre-settlement inspection to ensure the property is in the same condition as when you agreed to purchase it. Check that all the chattels are stll in place and any repairs agreed upon have been made. Chattels are the items that are specified on the agreement that the owner will leave with the property ie: curtains, lighting, dishwasher, garage door opener etc.
Planning your move
Now that you have your settlement date it’s time to organise your move. Take a look at Anna’s full checklist to assist you with your move.
• For your legal representative to:
– finalise your mortgage documents.
– arrange the signing of the transfer with your financial institution.
– organise appropriate allocation of rates and insurance.
– arrange collection of keys.
• For your insurance broker to arrange cover from the unconditional date.
• Mail forwarding service.
• To contact relevant parties regarding your change of address.
• A removal firm or a group of helpers.
Organise connections with suppliers for:
Settlement and possession day
Once final payment has been made, settlement has occurred. The keys of the property are handed over to you on the agreed date.
Congratulations and welcome to your new home!
Anna Manning is a Real Estate Agent at Leaders Real Estate Lower Hutt.
p 027 569 2749 e firstname.lastname@example.org